Tuesday, October 7, 2008

Zou Lu Qu - To Go On Foot



Before we came to China, we realized that we would be doing a lot of walking. So one of the things we invested in was good shoes. I bought a pair of Rockport boots and also a pair of Rockport shoes. Amanda also bought a good pair of hiking boot and shoes. Well, after today, I am really glad we did. We left the house at 10 am to look for an apartment and we didn’t get back until around 6 pm. During that time it felt as if we walked half way across China. I kept hearing an old 80’s tune in my head. You know the one that says “I would walk 500 miles, and I would walk 500 more” (if you were wondering, that would be 806 km each time but that is not as catchy)…by the Proclaimers. Anyway, all of this walking was in search of an apartment. We looked at 6 today. We just can’t seem to find the one that is right but as Scarlett O’Hara said “tomorrow is another day”. Another day of walking, but I think we will find the place tomorrow.

Jet Lag
I was up this morning at 3 am after going to bed at 11. I never expected to experience jet lag, but it has been hitting us hard. So while I was awake, I decided to Google jet lag. The Wikipedia entry for jet lag is very informative but the scientific jargon is a pretty good cure for it. I went back to bed shortly after reading it.
Not much happened today so this is going to be a short entry. I did get my jiaozi though. – Frank
He who asks is a fool for five minutes, but he who does not ask remains a fool forever.
Chinese Proverb

4 comments:

  1. Yah! No more steamed buns! lol I love that chinese proverb, gonna use that one. Good thinking on the comfy shoes! :) Hope you are able to work out the jet-lag! :)
    Beff

    ReplyDelete
  2. PS that apartment looks nice! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love your blog. Very informative and humorous. You've got to find a place with some extra room so I can come stay with you guys. Jiayou Jiayou!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. One quick question Frank . . . . Were you in England or is it Ireland when that song came out. Just Wondering cause it didn't come out in the US til '93. So technically you are correct about the date of the song, although it was '89 when it came out in the UK. ( just wanted to give you some home town ribbing to help you settle in). Still, glad you got the shoes. How are the calves? And yes I agree with Beff that apt looks nice.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for reading our blog. Please keep your comments secular.