Friday, January 16, 2009

Sick In China

A few days ago, Amanda wrote a post that stated that I have been sick, since then I have received numerous emails and comments inquiring about my well-being, so I just thought I would give an update. I am still not feeling well. It has been about a week. I have had a sore throat, a dry cough, an almost constant headache, and the chills. On top of all of that, I feel totally fatigued. Despite that, I did manage to make it to 3 of 5 classes this week. We looked on WebMD for solutions this morning and it ordered the old standby prescription of plenty of rest and fluids, so I am staying home today. Whatever this is, it is not acting like a normal cold and it is not the flu. I hope to be over it soon. It really stinks to be sick, especially here. When all of China is at your doorstep, who wants to be stuck in bed. - Frank
One of the most sublime experiences we can ever have is to wake up feeling healthy after we have been sick. Harold Kushner

6 comments:

  1. Hi Guys,
    Your sickness sounds like what's been going around in CT and prob. all over. I had something similar and now Beau has it... mine lasted 2 weeks! AHhhhhh. Hopefully yours doesn't. We are really looking forward to seeing you... it's coming up soon. Love, Sara & Beau

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sleep-lots of sleep. Mark gave me his cold a couple of weeks ago and it was weird like yours. Sleep and several hits of Nyquil.(every 4 hours). Love you and hope you feel better soon. Being sick is no fun no matter where you are.-Sharon

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am so sorry you are still sick. Especially right in the middle of all of those "ancient Chinese herbs". Something interesting for you to do while recuperating. Go to CNN website & look up a plane crash yesterday in the Hudson River. Very interesting. Everyone got out alive & UNHARMED. Anyway, hope you are back to normal soon. Sara

    ReplyDelete
  4. Have you been to one of those wonderful Chinese doctors? I saw a show on the Travel channel and the host did get sick while on a trip. He got the herbs he needed and was well in no time. Those doctors can tell what you need by looking at your face, eyes and mouth. That would be a new experience I'm sure! Get well soon!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks to everyone for your concern and for your ideas on getting better. I am over what Amanda has taken to calling "China-itis". It was the weirdest cold ever so I am glad it is behind me.

    ReplyDelete
  6. bro thats kinda funny i have had the exact same cold for about a week now and then last night i just ate some soup and it was gone. dry cough was gone, fever was gone fatigue was gone. muscle spasms still their tho lol

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for reading our blog. Please keep your comments secular.