Tuesday, March 31, 2009

Weird Injury

Before I tell you what happened, I want to give you a little perspective. A few years ago, baseball slugger Sammy Sosa injured himself and was unable to play for several weeks, after sneezing. Another disciple of the sweet science, this time Joel Zumaya of the Detroit Tigers, injured his forearm playing the video game "Guitar Hero" (No Stairway to Heaven!). John Smotlz, former pitcher of the Atlanta Braves, once burnt his chest ironing his shirt. How did he do that? He was wearing it at the time! I tell you all of this just so that you can understand that injuries happen, even to the best of athletes.

Yesterday when we checked into our hotel, I went into the restroom to check it out. As I stepped into it, there was a slight step-down. I wasn't paying attention, so I somehow hyper-extended my knee. I didn't think much of it at the time, so we went out and walked all day. Upon coming back to the room, I realized that my knee was swollen. Can you believe it? Hurt walking into a bathroom! But unlike those other athletes, I will play through the pain. We have sight seeing to do. - Frank
Baseball is 90% mental, the other half is physical.
Yogi Berra

1 comment:

  1. I thought I was the only one who got injured when there seemed to be no way for it to happen. I can trip on the air that is just above a sidewalk. LOL. I hope you feel better soon. Have Mandy piggy back you everywhere you go for the next few days. ;) Have fun on your vacation. Sara

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for reading our blog. Please keep your comments secular.