Friday, March 27, 2009

Judy and Jackie

These are two of my students. Judy and Jackie. They are both eight years old and they speak English really well. It is my job to help polish their grammar, to mold their mind, to try to help them say the "L" sound.

Between classes, one little girl came up to me and said "I think you are really black". I asked her, "does that matter"? She says "no", then points at another little girl and says "because I think she is really yellow!" I am going to like this job! - Frank

A mind is a terrible thing to waste - United Negro College Fund

2 comments:

  1. OK, Frank, are you teaching English or Enlish? LOL. Aren't typos wonderful. I love the comments little children make. It would be neat if you could just keep a journal of the little things they say. Then, in years to come, you can relive that joy!! Have a great weekend and thanks for sharing. "out of the mouths of babes" Sara

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the Heads-up Sara. Good catch.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for reading our blog. Please keep your comments secular.