Sunday, February 22, 2009

I Believe In 中药 (Zhong Yao)

To follow up my previous post, just 48 hours after beginning treatment with the中药 (Chinese Medicine), I am feeling like a new man. When I first got sick here, many people emailed me or commented that I should try中药. I was a little skeptical. I was unsure whether a secret blend of herbs and spices could actually make someone feel better. If it could, I thought, I should not have gotten sick at all, with all of the KFC that I eat. But after suffering from multiple sicknesses that have often lingered, I decided to give it a try. Boy, am I glad I did! I have become a convert. That being said, I am not endorsing any particular type of medical treatment. I believe my doctor, who has over 25 years experience using traditional Chinese medicine (TCM) and Western meds, said it best when he said “For some things, Chinese medicine is best, for others Western meds work best. It all depends on what your body needs”. I think that is a balanced viewpoint. Obviously, 中药was what my body needed. In my opinion, there is one less member of that list that has Santa Claus, Bigfoot, the Loch Ness Monster, and the Boogie Man on it, because now I believe in中药. – 付伟国
I never believed in Santa Claus because I knew no white dude would come into my neighborhood after dark.
Dick Gregory (1932 - )

4 comments:

  1. Wow! I was just about to wish you a speedy recovery. Good for you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. HA!! I love that quote. Growing up I had a story book entitled "SANTA MOUSE". Yeah, that was the kind of neighborhood I lived in...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Frankie, I am very proud of you for stepping out of your western box and trying Chinese medicine. It can be very beneficial. And to have a doc familiar with western medicine too is great!
    I'm really glad that it has helped you. June

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks June, and welcome back. I haven't heard from you in a while.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for reading our blog. Please keep your comments secular.