Tuesday, November 4, 2008

Rainy Days and Mondays

It has been raining for the past few days, and it is still raining today. The dreariness of the weather is fitting because we have both been sick and have felt dreary all of that time. I have wanted to write a new post but nothing interesting has happened unless you count the interesting colors of phlegm that I have been spitting up, yuck. (Is that yellowish green or greenish yellow?) Aside from illness, things are going well.

When we were in Chengdu, we visited the Tibetan area. It was pretty interesting. We went to a nice restaurant that served yak. It was really good. Afterwards, the xiaojie (waitress) began singing a traditional song in a very strong voice. It was beautiful, haunting, and dripping with sadness. I tried to record it but, when she realized I had a camera, she stopped. I guess she was a little shy about her voice. She had no such reservations about her dancing though. She and her co-workers treated us to a traditional dance. Amanda even got to join in.


That's all for now. Hopefully, we will get to feeling better soon and be able to get out and start experiencing things again. - Frank

Health is not valued till sickness comes.
Dr. Thomas Fuller


6 comments:

  1. Wow. Good job Mandy!! I am sorry you guys are sick. Hope you feel better soon. Go knock on your neighbors door & get some of those good Chinese herbs & teas. As I am sure you will hear soon, America has put Obama in the president's office. Anyway, again, hope you feel better soon. Love ya, Sara

    ReplyDelete
  2. Go Mandy! Hope you guys feel better soon. I have been missing your blog. Honest, I do have a life, but when it is slow at the library (where I work) I check your blog. It adds spice to my day!:)
    Feel Better!
    June

    ReplyDelete
  3. Forget having a life! I've been looking every morning before I go to work to see if you guys have posted anymore. I keep wondering if there's any way I could fold myself into a suitcase and mail myself to be with you two. Just the everyday things you have been experiencing makes photography seem awfully boring.
    Miss ya terrible!
    Renee

    ReplyDelete
  4. We check the blog pretty much daily too! You guys have some avid fan readers. Maybe travel writing is a new career?

    Really though, we hope you guys feel better soon. Stay warm, drink lots of tea...rest.. you know : D

    J & K

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hay guys you really ought to take up travel writin as a new career cause your really good at it. Your writing makes your experiences come alive off of the page. I can almost see Frankie flippin head over the bike wheel and than lookin to make sure no one saw him!! Hope your feelin better and cant wait till your next blog. Love ya sandra

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sorry to hear both of you are sick, remember drink lots of liquid to keep that phlegm coming up. And eat even if you don't want to, chicken soup is good, get vitamin C if you can. It's good to see you still have a good positive attitude that's always a plus. Wish we could be there to help, but you know we are there by means of the sayings of our heart. We love you and are very proud of you both. Dad and Mom
    PS The friends here in Sumter ask about you daily, and are excited about the reports we pass on.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for reading our blog. Please keep your comments secular.