Wednesday, November 4, 2009

A Quick Hit

A Quick Hit

As you already know, it has been over a month since I have written anything. As always, things here have been interesting and getting a blog posted has not been simple. For some reason we have not been able to access Blogger. Amanda recently thought of writing our blogs using MS Word, emailing it to someone back home, and having them post for us from the States. Brilliant! So, to quote the Beatles, with “a little help from my friends”, I will be able to blog again.

Here is a brief synopsis of the last month:

1. Our new apartment

a. We love our new place.

b. It is very quiet and peaceful. This place is more like a home.

c. Beau and Sara – Your room is waiting!

2. School

a. For the first time ever I am enjoying Chinese class.

b. I am beginning to see minute traces of progress

c. Our teacher is really good at getting us to use the words and grammar that we know

d. We took a test last week and I made an 85.5. For the record that is just 3 points lower than Amanda. (Inconceivable!)

3. Work

a. I am working at two universities. I teach computers at one and English at the other.

b. I did a voice over job for a tourism company. It was fifteen commercials of about thirty seconds each. She has promised more voice over jobs in the future. The spots will be airing on CCTV 9 sometime in the future. The people at the recording studio did not believe me when I told them it was my first time doing a voice over. They kept saying you are so professional. One girl said I was like Will Smith. That should tell you how good a judge of talent they are!

4. Travel

a. We went to Chengdu to visit Denice, a friend from America.

b. We made our requisite visit to Starbucks.

c. The next little trip we have planned is to visit some friends in Laos. J & K see you soon.

Well, that is all for now. I will write again this week because our school is taking us on a field trip. That should give me something new to write about. Until then, I have homework to do. Frank

2 comments:

  1. Frankie, It is great to see that you are back online again. Thanks for keeping us posted. We love you guys. Be safe. -Mike

    ReplyDelete
  2. Allright back in action. rock on Will Smith I knew you could always play his stunt double. We hope to see you guys too with a future visit after our travels. Be safe and love to both of you Jeff and Meli

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for reading our blog. Please keep your comments secular.